Global Animal Partnership: Business Development Manager
Global Animal Partnership (GAP) is a non‐profit charitable organization founded in 2008. GAP brings together farmers, scientists, ranchers, retailers and animal advocates – a diverse group with the common goal of improving the welfare of animals in agriculture. The 5‐Step® Animal Welfare Program recognizes producers for their welfare practices, facilitates continuous improvement, and better informs consumers about the production systems they choose to support. As of January 1, 2016, 2900 farms and ranches are certified to GAP’s standards that range from Step 1 to Step 5+, impacting over 290 million animals annually.
Position: Business Development Manager
Type: Fixed term contract potentially leading to full time position
Location: Preference is for the position to be located in Austin, TX but consideration will be given to an alternative location.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the core responsibilities of this position will include:
● Networking, relationship management, and outreach of GAP’s labelling program to grocers, food service, and meat suppliers;
● Expanding existing business plan and partners with set targets and outcomes;
● Accurately communicating information about our Program and services;
● Identifying emerging trends and/or opportunities in the marketplace;
● Responsible for maintaining and growing existing Labeled Product Authorization Program;
● Collaborating on budgetary and financial development reporting and analysis;
● Representing GAP at conferences and trade shows, organizing webinars, and giving presentations to small or large groups;
● Collaborating on marketing materials, campaigns, and branding;
● Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● 3‐5 years of business development experience working with retailers, food service and/or the meat industry
● In‐depth knowledge and understanding of the meat industry and associated retail environment