The independent, third-party certification companies approved to assess compliance of farms and ranches to our 5-Step Animal Welfare Rating Standards program hires and/or contracts with Global Animal Partnership-ratified auditors.
The Auditor Ratification Process
Step 1: Training Course
- The candidate successfully completes the auditor training course.
Step 2: Examinations
- The candidate completes and submits to Global Animal Partnership the examination for each species s/he wishes to be ratified to audit.
- If the species-specific examination results are sufficient, the candidate receives a certificate to demonstrate status as an official probationary auditor for each applicable species.
Step 3: Probationary Period
- The first five audits performed per species by the probationary auditor are sent by the certification company to Global Animal Partnership for review to assess skill and identify areas that may benefit from further instruction.
- One-on-one mentoring is provided to the probationary auditor as needed.
- At the discretion of Global Animal Partnership, an additional review of the next three audits performed per species may be conducted with additional one-on-one mentoring.
- A final ratification decision for each species is made by Global Animal Partnership at the end of the probationary period.
Step 4: Auditor Ratification
- Upon successful completion of the auditor training process, including the probationary period, a Certificate of Ratification for each applicable species is issued.
It is important to note that becoming a Global Animal Partnership-ratified auditor does not guarantee employment, whether on-staff or on-contract, with a third-party certification company.
If interested in exploring employment opportunities, candidates are encouraged to contact the third-party certification companies directly.
Upcoming Auditor Training Courses
Please contact us with your level of interest, CV or resume, and we will happily add you to the announcement list for upcoming courses.