We know how difficult it can be to be a farmer today.
With rising costs for inputs, increasingly unpredictable weather, and the urbanization of our societies, days on the farm get longer, the challenge to remain economically viable gets bigger, and the need to tell your story and differentiate your efforts gets more important.
By joining the 5-Step Animal Welfare Rating Standards program, you can:
- be recognized for your commitment to improving the well-being of animals
- directly communicate to the growing number of consumers who want to support your higher welfare products
- trust in the accuracy of the Step rating you receive from independent, third-party certifiers
- get the technical guidance, encouragement, and support you may want
- market your products to restaurants and groceries that are seeking out suppliers who incorporate animal welfare into their on-farm and on-ranch practices
- and add your voice to our unique, multi-stakeholder effort, which understands that we must work together to best benefit animals, you and your farming community, and the retailers and consumers
Says Lori Lyon, Field Operations Manager for Niman Ranch Pork Company, “Many meat companies make claims on their high welfare standards, but when you try to find out how the animals are actually raised, it’s impossible to get any answers. Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step program sets a standard in the marketplace by honoring those companies and farmers who are doing things right, and setting them apart from those who are trying to deceive the customers.”
We look forward to working with you.